Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hello

hello

Hi everyone. I found this site while googling for a bender and found cebbys hydro bender article. Very nice. I searched threw the past posts and lots of interesting info.

I am amazed at the cabinets by Mxtras! Would love to build some of those.

Seems like a really good website for ideas, even if it is a little dead right now!

Hopefully will be able to toss around some ideas with everyone soon.

Scott from Wisconsin.
    Last edited by ponch37300; 08-20-2009 at 02:42 PM.

Re: hello

Welcome abord, Scott!! Glad to have ya here.

Yeah - the site has been dead this year. I guess the economy has everyone short on enthusiasm. It's effected me that way, for sure.

Don't let the lack of a pulse scare you away, though. I suspect it will fire back up when the weather cools down.

Scott
    If it wasn't for the last minute I wouldn't get anything done

Thanks Mxtras. I think I spent 2-3 hours just reading your write up about the tools cabinets. Amazing is all I can say! Your business doing good hopefully? I think that shop is every mans dream, or at least mine!

Hi Scott - welcome to the site! The summer months have historically been dead here, but it's been worse than usual this year.

Lots of great ideas and very knowledgeable folks visit here, so while it might not be the quickest place to get replies, the information you will (eventually) get is second to none.

Glad you found us!

Thanks for the welcome cebby. I've spent a ton of time reading past posts on here and I'm amazed at some of the things you guys have made and the quality of workmanship. I still consider myself a newbie welder, mostly just weld here and there for about 10 years but starting to get some time and money to get more into it now.

I really like building my own tools and saving money and this site has a ton of great ideas and projects. I don't have much experience with what to use where for fabrication so I'm sure I'll have lots of questions on those kind of things. Getting the details worked out for a spring compressor right now. Think I have most of the parts worked out but have a couple details left.

Back to reading past posts!

Hi Scott, I just registered myself today. Based on your post count I see that you found this a good resource so hopefully, I'll stick around too.

Welcome to the forum. It is a great source of info. Seems to be kinda slow, not a lot of people check in but the info that you do recieve is good. Hope to see you around the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by ponch37300 View Post
    Hi everyone. I found this site while googling for a bender and found cebbys hydro bender article. Very nice. I searched threw the past posts and lots of interesting info.

I am amazed at the cabinets by Mxtras! Would love to build some of those.

Seems like a really good website for ideas, even if it is a little dead right now!

Hopefully will be able to toss around some ideas with everyone soon.

Scott from Wisconsin.

Sorry Scott, I missed this one. Welcome

greensheen, welcome from Henderson
    Bruce

A craftsman is someone who does a better job than anyone thinks is necessary.

www.4x4mecca.com
    http://www.tbucketeers.com/

Welcome Scott and greensheen. This is probely one of the only web sites that you do not get slammed about anything you want to do or have done. Really great people.

Art

While it is true that it is a little slow around here, it almost makes it better. Seems to be a little more tight knit that way. People take the time to read your post and those that answer (99% of the time) give you the answer you need.

Welcome to both of you btw.
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    My Garage Pics