Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Keep an eye on your stuff, guys!

I got a call last night from a police officer in California - I am in Virginia.

It seems that they found a portion of my product in a suspicious location and they were calling me to get the contact info for the original owner based on the serial number found on what remained of the product.

As it turns out, a customer of mine had his trailer stolen. It was an 8X20 Featherlite racing trailer. For those that might not know, Featherlites are all aluminum - including the frame and were considered to be the top of the line racing trailer.

The thieves had cut the trailer up for scrap.

Some sh!t-sickle steals a $16,000+ racing trailer and cuts it up for the scrap?

Unbelievable.

Keep a close eye on your stuff, guys.

Scott
    If it wasn't for the last minute I wouldn't get anything done

Re: Keep an eye on your stuff, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by MXtras View Post
    I got a call last night from a police officer in California - I am in Virginia.

It seems that they found a portion of my product in a suspicious location and they were calling me to get the contact info for the original owner based on the serial number found on what remained of the product.

As it turns out, a customer of mine had his trailer stolen. It was an 8X20 Featherlite racing trailer. For those that might not know, Featherlites are all aluminum - including the frame and were considered to be the top of the line racing trailer.

The thieves had cut the trailer up for scrap.

Some sh!t-sickle steals a $16,000+ racing trailer and cuts it up for the scrap?

Unbelievable.

Keep a close eye on your stuff, guys.

Scott
    Holy crap, it makes me wanna cry. What a bunch of lowlifes. I can't seem to find a deserving name to call idiots like that. Well i can but won't post it here.
    It is trully unbelievable and feel bad for the owner.

Bob.

As far as I know he also lost 6 racing bikes and all his gear, tools and spare parts. Could easily have been a $120,000 loss all because some crack head decides he wants some cash. That's what really cooks my goose.

I wonder if he is getting screwed by his insurance company like I did? I wonder if they are treating him like a criminal like they did me?

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by MXtras View Post
    As far as I know he also lost 6 racing bikes and all his gear, tools and spare parts. Could easily have been a $120,000 loss all because some crack head decides he wants some cash. That's what really cooks my goose.

I wonder if he is getting screwed by his insurance company like I did? I wonder if they are treating him like a criminal like they did me?

Scott
    Wow, i am left speechless.
    Those crackheads have more rights than the honest person does.
    There's only one thing to do if a guy is ever able to catch them, but i will leave it to ones imagination.
    One thing for sure, is i know that they wouldn't be able to do it again when i finished with them.

I sure hope that your former customer is able to get what's right from the insurance company without any hassel. With insurance companies you have to fight every step to get what's right. Even then it's still tough, with reciepts and all. I really feel for the guy, what a loss.

I wish him luck though.

Bob.

What a sad world we live in.
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    My Garage Pics

That it is.

Criminals seem to have more freedom than those of us who support them (welfare, providing stuff for them to steal, etc)!

I have had enough of it but what the hell do you do? Secure your stuff and pray like hell that they come calling when the firearm isn't torn apart for cleaning!

I had my trailer broken into a few years ago and they got away with a brand new Yamaha YZ250 that had been ridden once, a pair of boots, a few tires and a gear bag. They left another bike (a year old) and some of the gear in the trailer. The cops felt this was suspicious and conveyed their thoughts to the insurance investigator. What a prick he was. I ended up posting a $1000 reward for the bike and exactly one month to the day later, I got the bike back. I contacted the police when I recovered the bike and I contacted the insurance company the following day. The insurance ass basically said it was mighty suspicious that I was able to recover the bike so quickly and in such good shape. They ended up dropping me, accusing me of attempted insurance fraud. I had one claim for hail damage in the 17 years I had been with them. I told them that if they felt strongly enough that I attempted fraud, then they should prosecute me. The drop caused me to be red flagged for insurance for three years, costing me over $1500 a year for a mandated policy through my mortgage company. As pissed as I was, there was really nothing I could do. All of that because I was robbed by a crackhead. What a crock of crap, huh? I never did recover any of the gear. Now the crackhead is in jail, living off of me and the rest of society.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by 67 canso s/d View Post
    Holy crap, it makes me wanna cry. What a bunch of lowlifes. I can't seem to find a deserving name to call idiots like that. Well i can but won't post it here.
    It is trully unbelievable and feel bad for the owner.

Bob.

I was thinking the same thing.
    Bruce

A craftsman is someone who does a better job than anyone thinks is necessary.

www.4x4mecca.com
    http://www.tbucketeers.com/

Scott,
    If anything else of yours comes up missing let me know....I still have a few friends that would love to help once the P.O.S.'s are caught

Looks like I started something.

I am seeing more and more threads on this lately.

I wrote my state lawmakers about this - legislator and Senator. It will be interesting to see if they even repond.

***edit*** see post 19 below - my senator reponded.

Since nobody seems to be posting here much, I thought I would round up a little reading material for everyone - and possibly inspire some inspiration and shnizzle:

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=14695

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb...d.php?t=150871

Scott
    Last edited by MXtras; 01-06-2009 at 03:08 PM.

Holy crap Scott!!!
    Scott, i checked out the links, and wow.
    I knew things were bad, but never had any idea just how bad.
    I live in a small town, so we don't have that problem here.
    I've heard of other stories, but not from where i am.
    I am left totally speachless, because i don't know what or how i would react to my stuff being ripped off.

As for your state law makers, probably until it happens to them, nothing will be done. I hope i am wrong though.
    You have to remember as the saying goes.."the squeeky wheel gets the grease". So make sure you keep sending them messages till you get a reply.

It's a pretty sad state of affairs. I honestly don't know what to say. I do know i couldn't just stand there either.

When and if you catch the MF's, take them out behind the barn with you buddy the baseball bat.

Bob.