Just Wanted to Say Hi.

Hello All, First post to a GREAT looking forum. I feel like I finally made it home. Looked around a bit and really like what I see. Looks like some good ole DIYselfers here. I love it. I've found too many Big Buck garage groups and I just don't seem to fit in. First impression here is if you don't have one build one if you can. Cool. Sure hope I haven't offended anyone yet.

Re: Just Wanted to Say Hi.

Hi Ron! It takes more than that that to offend us! Hell, I think we all resemble that remark - I know I do!

Glad you found our little corner of the world here. Welcome!

Welcome!

You posted in the wrong section though. LOL!

How about telling us a little more about you. You got a garage?
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    My Garage Pics

Damn the luck! I wasn't sure where to post and actually looked in here. Then I looked around some more and just had'ta say Hi. Figures, 1 strike against me already. I'll try to be good, honest.
    I have a 30X48 Pole Barn, I was lucky (smart) enough to build the Barn on the new ground before I started the house. Sold that to the "War Department" because I needed a place to work out of during home construction. Built the Barn 13 years ago, finally got the house done and can now spend some time and money on the shop. It's been a long haul and I have used the Pole Barn the whole time of course. But never taken time to really set it up the way I want. It's great to look around and see some cool ideas. In my quick look around I'm impressed with the work I see here. I hope to be able to add to it but am sure I'll be asking for more than I'll be able to return. Sorry a little long winded. Cheers, Ron

No worries about a "strike" LOL! Who am I anyway. I was just ribbing you.

Good call on the garage first. I did the same thing, but 13 years??? I thought it is bad that it has taken me 2 1/2 for the house so far.
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    My Garage Pics

Yeah I know I'm a slacker. But in my own defence. I did it all myself. Only thing I hired out was the dig, cause I didnt have anything to dig with at the time. Now I could do that myself. And about 1/2 of the drywall finishing, did about 1/2 myself and it sucked! And paid to have carpet laid on top floor. They F'd it up. Should'a done it myself.
    The major flaw in my plan was the fact that life goes on during construction. Had to take time out for 3 kids growing up. School, Football, Wrestling, Volleyball, Soccer, etc.
    And besides "Rome wasn't built in a day" That worked for about the first five years.

Welcome to the site, Ron!

Feel free to contribute, and spread the word to those that would fit in here! (NO - I don't own the place. I just hang out around here like a set of damp gym socks)

Scott
    If it wasn't for the last minute I wouldn't get anything done

Welcome Ron . Sure you will find us very frendly and very helpful here. I enjoy this compaired to a couple of others that I'm no longer visting.

Art