Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Problem opening site

I can open the site just fine if I am not logged in. But as soom as I log in the site will open for about 1 second then my screen goes to the Windows error page of "page can not be found". I tried to click on the refresh button and the same thing happens.
    This is the only site this happend to, so what is the problem?

Re: Problem opening site

Ggg - I shifted a few things around this evening. It's quite possible that it was during the time I was changing some of the files. The navigation was one of the things I was messing with.

Should be all fixed now...

Same thing happened tonight 23:37. I wonder if I am the only one having this issue?

Ggg - I wasn't making any changes at all last night. As a matter of fact, I think I was on at the same point as you last night. If we had made some recent changes, I'd figure there was a DNS problem or lag, but nothing has been changed since I was monkeying around with the colors and navigation. I was doing a number of changes to some other sites of mine on the same server, but this shouldn't have had a bearing on this site.

What are you doing to be able to post? By your post here, I'm assuming you were able to get it to work at some point. Is it only giving you the page not found error once in a while?

It almost sounds like a DNS problem with your host or somewhere else between you and the forum location. Seems odd that this is the only site that happens for you on though.

Anyone else with similar problems? There haven't been any extended outtages here recently.

14:37
    I think the problem is/was on my end. I had the site saved in my favorites, the address was http://toolandfab.com/index.phb. Every time I would open that link it would go to the sites index page for just a split second then it would go to the Windows "site not found" page and provide a link to the site. I noticed the link address didn't have the index.phb suffix. I just changed the address in the link saved in my favorites to the same as the Windows link and low and behold it worked.
    Thanks for looking into this, glad it was something little to fix. You have a great site here.

If your short cut was saved as index.phB then that would be the issue. It should be php.

Not sure if the above was a typo or the actual shortcut but I hope it has solved your issue.
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    My Garage Pics

this is happening to me all the time now

if i type www.toolandfab.com into the address bar, the home page comes up for about a second, then it immediately forwards me to http://toolandfab.com/profile.php?do=dst and gives me a page cannot be found error.

i always have to hit esc (stop) really fast so it wont forward me to a bad page, then click a link to get out of the problem.

is there something i need to change to stop this from happening? it has happened to me on more than one computer....

ok nevermind.

of course, the second that i post about it being a problem, it doesnt happen anymore....

carry on...

hey Garrett - let me know if this happens again. Hopefully we can track it down.

This has been happening to me also. I've replaced
    the URL twice now in my favorites, seem's to
    finally be working.
    Rich