Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: My Garage and My Introduction

I actually just replied to your thread.

I used 2X6 for the entire top including the rim board. No 1Xs up there at all. I then topped it with 3/4 particle board. (Not MDF, just the cheap floor grade stuff.)

I am only spanning 5 feet.
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    My Garage Pics

Here is today's outcome:

Also, the animation above has been updated.
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    My Garage Pics

Wow you have a very nice setup going there. I hope everything goes well for the rest of the build. I will have to keep watching.
    Just my thought

Looking good!

If it wasn't for the last minute I wouldn't get anything done

Looks Great.
    Bruce

A craftsman is someone who does a better job than anyone thinks is necessary.

www.4x4mecca.com
    http://www.tbucketeers.com/

Update:

Glenn H. Shelton III
    My Garage Pics

Wow, I have not updated this thread in a long time!

I was going to just do an update about the electrical, but first, here is a photo of the outside of the house:

My outside electrical service entrance:

This is the meter housing: (The one behind my head on the temporary pole is a typical sized and rated meter housing.)

Couple of new photos. (I have been busy with work, so I have not taken many photos along the way.)

This is the main sub-panel for the house. It is fed from a 200Amp panel outside. This panel also feeds an additional sub-panel upstairs for everything upstairs.

Just another shot of the top of the box and all of the cables.

Another shot of the cable

This is my other sub-panel in the house. This one feeds all of the outside outlets (and nothing else.) This panel is fed from a panel outside that also feeds the big garage.

The orange "pipe" you see here is the low voltage conduit. I used 1250 feet (so far) total of this stuff. This is going to allow me to pull the cable in WHEN I need it and replace cables as the technology changes.

This is my recess for my TV in the Great Room.

I did not realize I had not updated this. (Maybe I did it somewhere else on here?)
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    My Garage Pics

Looks nice and clean. From what I read it sounds like you have 5 panels in/on your house? How many outside receps you have that it needs a dedicated panel? I like the LV conduit to switch out to new cables as technology changes, really thinking ahead! Are you going to have a panel for them? I know that there are a couple companies out there that make panels for coax and telephone/networking. I looked at some and they look really nice for keeping everything organized and being able to switch things if needed.

Is there a move in date set?

There are 2 outside panels, 2 inside on the first floor, one up stairs and 2 in the detached garage. So 7 total.

I have 16 out side receptacles on the house and at a later date I will be adding more around the yard. All but a couple around the house, are on dedicated circuit. This allows me a full 20Amps at each receptacle. (I am really into Christmas lights.)

I did the LV conduit for a couple of reasons. The first is what you hit on. The ability to remove and replace as needed. The second is that if you pre-wire the entire house, you have actually increased the taxable value of the home. With conduit only, you have not increased the taxable value, however, you have increased the resale value.

All of the LV will terminate into a closet upstairs. All of the computer related stuff will actually terminate at a full height server rack upstairs. There is a LV panel in the detached garage that will allow for expansion in the garage.
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    My Garage Pics