Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shop Tunes...

Thumbs down Shop Tunes...

I discovered that my stereo receiver that I'd been using in my shop quit last week (it was over 25 years old...), so I've been borrowing my wife's iPod.

That's been working OK until tonight.

Makita Grinder = 1
    iPod Earphones = 0

Yes I know...I should know better.

Re: Shop Tunes...

Nice. I've been listening to Sirius Radio in the garage lately. We have one in each car and one inthe house. The have build in FM modulators, so I can turn on the one in the house and pick it up on my stereo in the garage I highly reccomend it. If I'm in the mood for blues I turn on the blues station. If I want to rock, I turn on one of the rock station. If I want to re-live my mis-spent youth, I turn on the hair band channel. Sometime, I just put on the uncensored comedy channel and laugh.

Had the same problem with a ear phone set. It realllllllyyyyyyy hurt when it was yanked from my ear. Now I have a used stero in my work shop away from everything.

Nice one, Cebby! That could have been really ugly! I can just imagine one end spinning around and smacking the crap out of ya a few times leaving several nice lacerations!!

So now you have to buy a new shop stereo AND a replacement headset for the wifey's iPod! Cheaper than stitches, I suppose.

Scott
    If it wasn't for the last minute I wouldn't get anything done

Cebby,

Nice job on the site! I just got here from the Yotatech forum.

I already beat you up on the iPod in Yotatech so I won't do it to you again.

Nitsuj,

You said you have a built in FM modulators for your Sirius Radio. Is this built in the way you bought it or something you added to your stereo? I've been thinking of doing something similar for the XM radio that came with Direct TV and could use some tips.
    In my family, goodness is just badness that hasn't had a drink yet. -Christopher Titus

Wireless headphones is what I have.

Quote Originally Posted by kringold View Post
    Wireless headphones is what I have.
    I need more info on this setup! I'm thinking about getting Sirius satellite radio out there (with an iPod input). Wireless headphones would be nice for that late night work.

All I have currently is a beat up boom box that has seen better days. It certainly need to be upgraded...

Quote Originally Posted by Cebby View Post
    I need more info on this setup!
    http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...ord=headphones

These will plug right into your boom box.

That seems like it would hurt. Ear buds getting ripped out of your ears. I know the type of buds I have would seriously cause some damage.

I usually keep the stereo off. For some reason I like to listen to the ambient shop noise. It's peaceful for me. I work in a busy office by day so getting in the shop (when I can) is a get away for me. If i do have music on it come across a stereo, but usually it's a game on XM.

Branon

I have a TV in the garage, usually on Speed channel.
    Bruce

A craftsman is someone who does a better job than anyone thinks is necessary.

www.4x4mecca.com
    http://www.tbucketeers.com/