Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A shed is an extension of the garage/shop - lets see them!

That's right - all this talk of garages and shops, and nothing about sheds? I think the shed has been slighted!! Post up pics of your sheds and what makes them unique!

Re: A shed is an extension of the garage/shop - lets see them!

I use a shed to hold the things "normal" people use their garage for. Garden stuff mostly, snow shovels and salt, fence peices.

I suppose that isn't too special, but it gets the topic rolling right?

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDuke
    I use a shed to hold the things "normal" people use their garage for. Garden stuff mostly, snow shovels and salt, fence peices.

I suppose that isn't too special, but it gets the topic rolling right?
    I *had* a shed that came with my house, but I had other plans for the area it was situated on, so I ended up selling it for like $50 (cheap metal DIY one). Now I find myself wishing I had never parted with it.

Funny thing - I posted this topic for member "Slick" because he has a sweet shed that he built (I've seen it). He hasn't been back to post for a while though...

My shed is a 32 pass school bus. I removed all the seats, rear end,everything in front of the firewall, and set it on rail road ties.
    It works great, lots of room and its weather tight.

Quote Originally Posted by boomer View Post
    My shed is a 32 pass school bus. I removed all the seats, rear end,everything in front of the firewall, and set it on rail road ties.
    It works great, lots of room and its weather tight.
    cool idea! My buddy has an old bus, never crossed my mind!

I personally have a 3-1/2' x 8' arrow in my tiny townhouse backyard. It was the biggest I could go while still allowing a 10'x12' area for my pup to play in. It was mostly to get all my spare parts out of the garage, the house and the weather. Looking back I wish I had bought a little bigger one (never seen that before on the site before right?!) I'm on the thin line of saving money for a house, and getting the most out of the place we have now.
    here's a pic, before I did a foundation. I ended up adding a 4x8 wood platform that it sits on to keep it off the ground.

-Justin

Well this is perfect timing!

The wife and I just finished the roof last Sunday. And Monday we got 6" of snow! I still have plenty to do on it, such as front doors, a ramp, finish the siding at the top of the peak on both sides and install the window, but it will stay dry. That's all I really care about.

Here's a chronological slide show.

Started with clearing some trees. A buddy brought over his jeep with his warn winch and we got them most of the way out. I picked up a come-along and some chain and pulled from anther side to finish them off.

The shed sits on 10"x48" concrete piers, then PT 4x8's

2x6 floor joists in place

All 4 walls are now up. Notice my handy-dandy siphon? The bucket inside fills up until it overflows out of the blue bucket outside. That way the siphon wont go dry in the middle of the night and then fill up and overflow if it rained hard again.

A lot of work to get to this pic. Poured two more piers for the covered area, and hung all the siding and rafters.

Almost done with the roof. MAN MY KNEES HURT THAT DAY!

Pretty much ready for winter! Never thought we'd get 6" of snow the NEXT DAY!

We are using the space to finally get the garage organized. I already need more room! Next year I will bring in fill to raise the floor of the covered area and make it nice and dry. I'm also going to demo the fence on the side since the neighbors have a newer one

This was my first shed so I learned a lot and made many mistakes, but I couldn't have done it without my hard working wife and my new framing nail gun

Erich

Nice. I like the lean-to on the side. A little extra dry storage that most people don't think to build.

Oh, and that is some fantastic scenery!
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    My Garage Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Nice. I like the lean-to on the side. A little extra dry storage that most people don't think to build.

Oh, and that is some fantastic scenery!
    Thanks Glenn. I have a little garden trailer and a hunting boat that I wanted to have a place to keep the snow off of it. Next year I'm going to redo the driveway and take material from the front yard and build up the low spots around the shed. Just too much to do this year

Erich
    Last edited by Erich_870; 11-15-2007 at 11:52 AM.

Nice work Erich! Ditto the awesome scenery up there.

+1 on the backdrops. Juneau looks really nice!
    -Justin