Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Labelling your drawers and storage

What are you guys doing for labelling your stuff? I have all sorts of label making stuff, but don't want it to look like crap. I have the obvious computer labels, a P-Touch and even a dedicated label printer.

I've grown tired of pulling open three different drawers on my toolbox to find what I'm looking for. I pretty much know which drawer the stuff I'm looking for is in, but from habit jjust start pulling drawers out willy-nilly. Not to mention if the wife needs something, she rifles through all of the drawers in my box. There's stuff in there she just doesn't need to see.

I also have rubbermaid containers and index/check file cabinets that I need to label. My past experience with the rubbermaid containers is that labels don't stick to them worth a hoot.

Re: Labelling your drawers and storage

I`ve used several brands of label makers and while they look very professional, you`re right about the labels not sticking to some containers. I found that if you cover the label with a piece of 3M clear packing tape, cut 1/4 inch larger than the label, all around, they will look laminated and last longer too.

my 2 cents....

eric

I would and have used the P-touch. I used the clear tape with a contrasting color lettering to the toolbox color. The drawers on my box are red so I used black lettering. You could use white also.
    Greg

Tool Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Cebby
    Not to mention if the wife needs something, she rifles through all of the drawers in my box.

Man, that ain't good. You shoudlnt let anyone, exspecially your wife go through your tools.

I just always got used to knowing where stuff is. When you have someone helping you it gets to be a pain in the butt though.

I pretty know where everything thing is. Years of practice

I just found this place for tool lables. Maybe they'll work for you.
    In a while, Chet.

What are you guys using for a label makers? I'm tired of using masking tape...
    Links would be good

I use a P-touch also - I don't have the info in front of me, but it came from Wal-Mart.

I, like others, have had most of my stuff in my home shop so long that I know where everything is, even blindfolded. But with my new shop and new storage stuff, I am labeling my ass off.

The P-touch is made by Brothers, I think. They also make strong adhesive label cartridges that stick pretty well (the labels stick, not the cartridge).

I will post a photo of it in a few days - I am one christmas and birthday partay attending fool for the next two days! Actually, I do not drink, but I still go to these things - it's fun to be the only sober person out of the group! This way I can remind everyone how much fun they had.

Scott
    If it wasn't for the last minute I wouldn't get anything done

I WANT to use my P-Touch for my toolbox, but I want to find the clear background with white lettering.

The only place I've seen it is online and everywhere that has it sticks it to you with shipping and "handling". My drawers have gone unlablelled because I don't want to be screwed over...