Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Material Rack

Arrow Material Rack

I just finished these two tonight - i have not painted the other two - there are (or will be) four of these total. It is cold and raining here tonight and painting these was nearly a disaster so I will have to wait until later in the week to paint the other two.

They are mainly to store aluminum tubing with some steel materials to be stored in the lower section. The lower tube with the small gusset will be a table to support the tubing for cutting. These will be spaced down the wall to store 25' lengths of tubing.

These measure 8' tall with a 3'X38" base with leveling screws at each corner. The main "mast" is tilted back 1.5 degrees. The main structure is made from 2"x3"x.125" and the arms are 1.5"X1.5X.125" tubing.

Enjoy.

Scott
    If it wasn't for the last minute I wouldn't get anything done

Re: Material Rack

Scott - how are these working out (being two separate pieces instead of one?)

Cebby,
    I think the shot of my bolt bins may have caused a bit of inward contemplation/isolation for Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming
    Cebby,
    I think the shot of my bolt bins may have caused a bit of inward contemplation/isolation for Scott.
    What do mean? He's a man of action. Matter of fact, he's on his way to your house right now (with coordinated bins in tow).

Quote Originally Posted by Cebby
    What do mean? He's a man of action. Matter of fact, he's on his way to your house right now (with coordinated bins in tow).
    You sure it isn't with the village people in tow with lit torches and a whole passle of ominously tied ropes?

Edit: Not those Village People!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming
    Edit: Not those Village People!!!!
    Yeah, yeah....we knew what you were thinking about.....

You know...its been a pain in the rear...darn, wrong metaphor there...anyway, a pain this last month since that film "Brokeback Mtn." came out. Not sure, but it looks like the liberals in Hollywood are out to make us pay big time for hanging that kid out to dry on a barb wire fence a few years back. Sure wish they could have done that flick in New Jersey...

Why is it a pain that the movie was filmed in your state? Is there a gay cowboy population explosion there now or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Cebby
    Scott - how are these working out (being two separate pieces instead of one?)
    So far so good - there are a total of 4 of these spanning 24' - I was finally able to paint the other two and put them in place and load them up earlier this week. I have pics, but left my camera at the shop tonight.

I put about 2500 pounds of steel beams across the bottom legs so I doubt they will go anywhere very easily. The first set of horizontals will be tied together eventually to create a table so that will help keep things in place too.

I will post a pic of the completed rack in the near future.

Scott
    If it wasn't for the last minute I wouldn't get anything done

Quote Originally Posted by MXtras
    I put about 2500 pounds of steel beams across the bottom legs so I doubt they will go anywhere very easily. The first set of horizontals will be tied together eventually to create a table so that will help keep things in place too.
    That would solve any issues I thought you might have with them "walking around" on you.