Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Show us your toolboxes!!!

OK It's time to start the ball rolling. This is a forum about tools and fabrication but to fabricate you need tools and you need a place to store them. So, show us your tool storage. I'll start. Here's mine. The big one is a Husky from Home Depot. M*** had a sales tax free weekend and with a 10% on a credit card I saved about $100. The top box is Homak from Costco. The other stack is all Craftsman. The small top box was first prize from Sears and NHRA Tools of the Trade contest of a couple years ago.
    Last edited by Greg55; 08-29-2005 at 04:24 PM.
    Greg

Tool Junkie

Re: Show us your toolboxes!!!

Here's my humble beginnings...

I moved the middle box over to the left so I'm not blocking the window and can see into the top of the hinged box a bit better.

I'm thinking another one of the middle box might be in order, except instead of the 4 drawer, I'll grab a 3 drawer (2 thin and 1 deep drawer)

Next up is actually labelling my junk...

I'm never one to turn down a chance to whore my tool box.

Quote Originally Posted by wythors
    I'm never one to turn down a chance to whore my tool box.
    I don't blame you. That is one SWEET setup!!!

I thing I've always wondered though...on those big tall tool boxes, how do you see what's in the top/top drawers?

Quote Originally Posted by Cebby
    I thing I've always wondered though...on those big tall tool boxes, how do you see what's in the top/top drawers?
    I'm 6 feet tall and the box is about 5"8" I'd guess. When I open the top drawers the handles would hit me just below the nose, so seeing into them is no problem. The top opens up like a coffin and that area is right at my eye level. I keep most of my most commonly used tools in the bottom drawers of the top box and the top drawers of the bottom box.

humm let me see... i have a milk crate with spray paint/wd40/ect, and my 4" angle grinder... i have a ammo container with wrenches and sockets, a RubberMaid tub with all my "extra" stuff, rope, chains, floor jack, gear oil, axle grease, motor oil... and my bottom drawer of my dresser has my drill, misc wires, hand saws and commonly accessed tools.

can you tell i dont have a garage and live in a fraternity? i can take pics if you guys want

My old black one next to my new (to me) red one. I also have two tool carts running around.

Dang, you guys have some huge boxes. Mine is more along the lines of Cebby is size, but an older snap-on style.
    I would like to think it is because I work on toyotas I simply need less tools than say a ford guy **wythors ** would.

Last edited by DoctorDuke; 09-25-2005 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDuke
    Dang, you guys have some huge boxes. Mine is more along the lines of Cebby is size, but an older snap-on style.
    I would like to think it is because I work on toyotas I simply need less tools than say a ford guy **wythors ** would.
    I work in a Toyota dealer so I know that's not true. You can't keep 32 technicians busy with cars that don't break.

Honestly, I maintain my cars really well and the only one that ever "broke" was my 2000 Taurus that needed major transmission work. Got rid of that and bought a 2004 Crown Vic. The current stable is my 93 5.0, 96 Cobra, 96 Bronco and the CV. I keep 'em tuned myself, get the oils changed every 3000 miles (or once a year in the case of the Mustangs that only drive a few thousand a year) and they take care of me. Seeing all the problems that Toyotas have, I wouldn't ever consider owning one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDuke

I figured you were workin on toyota's when I saw the welder sitting right there for doin rust repair.