Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Biggest snowstorm this year 7"+ Pittsburgh and Northeast...

Got 2" here on the southern tip. 15 miles north or west of us and they got over a foot. It was nice to clean up after the "Blizzard" with just a broom.
    Mac

We didn't get squat!!! MAYBE an inch, if that. Besides, we measure snow in FEET. LOL

We are about 5 hours from NYC,thank god!! Different animal down there. 4" puts them in a tail spin. 12",,, we BARELY notice. Not bragging, but I think our Highway Department is the best in the Country.

In 95, we had a drop of 52" in Syracuse that came in on a friday afternoon. They said no unnecesary travel after 5pm. By 8 am Saturday, the roads were crystal clear, bare pavement!

2-3 years ago, we were hit AT MY HOUSE (20 min. north of syracuse) with 66" of snow. Not even a travel advisory!! LOL Took an extra 1/2 hour to get home. No big deal.

It REALLY snows, to the North East of me. They get up to 300" oper year!! Look up Tug Hill Plateau, Martinsburg,

But thanks for thinking of me !!
    Jeff

Scrap metal made....while you wait!

The difference between a difficult problem and an easy problem, is having the answer!

Question Re: Biggest snowstorm this year 7"+ Pittsburgh and Northeast...

Driven,
    Not to change the subject, but can you tell me a little more about Tug Hill? I have heard it was a good place to take the family to ride (quads). Looking for a place to camp and ride from without having to laod the bikes and drag them away from the camp. We went to WV this past Oct and had a blast. But the 14 hr trip to get there is the pits. We're lookin for some place closer to home, maybe Tug Hill? Best time of year?
    Mac

Tug Hill-
    Miles and miles of snowmobile trails. So much so, that you will likely get lost. I did. Almost every year...LOL

ATV trails...admittedly, I am not too up to date on the trails. If you do a google search on "Washington Park" you should see some info pop up, I think. W-P is a hotspot. Not sure about the lodging though. I have to believe there are very few places to sleep, that you can ride from. WAY UNLIKE the sleds.

Best time??? That depends on the type of riding you like to do. Mud riding?? April, May are your best bets. Road riding....Late June, early July will have black flies like terrodactiles crossed with vampire bats. Late July, August for "cruising".

You may want to try ArcticChat.com . There are a few guys that would know that area much better than I. And they love to help.

Another source would be to google the atv clubs for NY.
    Jeff

The difference between a difficult problem and an easy problem, is having the answer!

We got 13" at the house and 20" at where we plow snow commerically. All theses other plow guys where freaking out, I was was this all you got mother nature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heck I worked only 23 hour straight.

Dear Mother Nature,
    Thanks for the 20" of snow. But was that all you could do? A three year old with a hammer and ice cubes could have done better than that. So Bring it on, you stupid bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks from the guys at Its Got To Be Green Lawnscapes.

Hopefully that will get her attention. I already heard rummors that there is a possiablity of a second big strom comming bringing 3'. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!
    Own landscape business with employees that can break anything
    Certified stick welder
    Volley Firefighter

Miller
    Dewalt
    kubota
    Craftsman hand tools
    Ford trucks
    Thats all you need to know.

We just had that windstorm with 75mph winds. Knocked power out from 9:30 friday to 5pm saturday night. High winds, and 8" of snow. Snow was no big deal, but the winds ripped a TON of roofs off. 190,000 without the juice!!

The old generator was working its ass off. Yesterday, I put in a 15kw standby generator.. Eat my dirt National Grid !!!!
    Jeff

We got almost 1/4" here last night! Well, maybe more like 1/8".....Snowing like crazy, man - it was crazy......

Scott
    If it wasn't for the last minute I wouldn't get anything done