PDA

View Full Version : New to me Lincoln 300 Tig

bigdogrider99
09-16-2006, 02:24 AM
Well I finally bit the bullet and picked up a new to me:clap: Lincoln IdealArc 300 Tig.

I ended up getting it for 861.00, the shipping is running me another 450.00 from New York to Ga. Tell me what ya'll think. I don't think it will rate as a great deal but I think I got a decent one.

It has a water cooled torch, amptrol finger control and the stick leads. The previous owner has a rod box built on top full of rods and other misc accessories. It doesn't have a seperate cooler but I figured that would be a good project to build when I get it to the house. Anyone have plans for one or some good pictures I could work off of. I did a search on the site yesterday but wasn't getting any hits back on it.

Cebby
09-18-2006, 11:53 PM
Hmmmm water cooled.......

I love that box up top too.

What the hell does that thing weigh to cost $450 for shipping. That part seems a little steep.

MXtras
09-19-2006, 02:03 AM
Prolly around 800 pounds - it's a big machine!

Congratulations!

When time permits, I will dig up a few links to some nice home-built coolers.

Scott

bigdogrider99
09-19-2006, 03:57 AM
He estimated it at 1000 with all the attachments. Rods and box, torches, cables, under carriage etc. Then tack on the pallet.

Glenn
09-19-2006, 12:14 PM
Some day, I hope to learn to tig weld. I learned stick, mig, and A/O in high school, but we could not afford a tig. LOL!

bigdogrider99
09-20-2006, 04:19 AM
I took a year of welding at Augusta Tech School 20 or so years ago. I haven't been working as a welder though for about 15 years. Went into the service and other things, now I am wanting to get back into it both for myself and to try to make a little change. Always have enjoyed it though when I had the chance to do some here and there.