PDA

View Full Version : A versatile TIG torch or MIG gun holder

MXtras
12-13-2005, 12:06 AM
Here is a TIG or MIG torch/gun holder that, to me, makes sense. I pondered how I wanted to do this for quite some time, then came up with what you see in the thumbs below.

It's not all that fancy, wasn't made on a CNC machine and it's not some space age material but it is extremely versatile and it goes where it needs to. Many folks shared their ideas, but most were welded in place which didn't suit the way I work so I made mine mobile instead.

It was made from a beam clamp found at Home Cheapo or Lowes in their electrical department near the EMT fittings and a little hook hanger thing that I think came from Wal-Mart. The wing on the screw was a scrap from mitering angle iron on the chop saw. The whole thing took about 10 or 15 minutes to make (minus the fancy paint job).

Scott

Cebby
12-13-2005, 12:16 AM
That's a killer idea. I'm going to need to whip one of those up!!

I'd say it's perfect, but I see your paint on the holder doesn't match your bench (and cabinets, and Bridgeport, etc...):tongueout :talkingn: :talkingn:

MXtras
12-13-2005, 12:37 AM
:banghead:

It's funny that you said that, Cebby. The paint dries and ages to a different color, believe it or not! I used the same stuff - it was just newer than the table when the pic was taken.

Now that it has dried, it is the same color. :tongueout

You thought you had me there, didn't you? Ha! :slap:

Nice of you to notice, though....

:D

Scott

Driven2xs
12-13-2005, 11:05 AM
These are EXACTLY the types of things I like to see. I like to see little 10 minute projects that make life easier.

MXtras
12-13-2005, 11:19 AM
I agree.

I don't often come up with simple stuff like this and leave it simple. I usually make everything a huge production!

Scott

MXtras
12-19-2005, 02:58 AM
Hey, Cebby -

Maybe this should have been posted or duplicated in the Welding forum?

It's up to you - feel free to re-locate this thread (or any of my threads for that matter).

Thanks!

Scott