Nail Gun Rebuild?

Anyone here ever rebuild an pneumatic nail gun? I need to rebuild my framing nailer and I am curious how tough of a job it is going to be. Seems to be a common issue with the Dewalt unit I have. I have not even used it much. I guess I should have been nicer to it.
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    My Garage Pics

Re: Nail Gun Rebuild?

I have a bunch of nail guns that I have rebuilt. Really easy job. I don't know about dewalt but my paslode and senco have a couple of different rebuild kits. One for the trigger, one for the cylinder, and you can buy new hammers and other parts. Which part of your gun needs to be rebuilt? I will link a couple of threads from a different forum that will help you out tomorrow sometime, womens birthday today so don't have time right now. Most of the kits I bought were 20-50 bucks, ebay is a good source for finding rebuild kits.

I ordered both the re-ring kit (all the o-rings) and the trigger kit. The air leaks around the trigger, but I am just going to rebuild the whole thing.
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    My Garage Pics

I'm curious how tough this is - I need to do my PC framing nailer.
    My vehicle sites: 1993 Toyota 4Runner & 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee

**NEW** - UZswap.com - a site dedictated to sharing tech about swapping Toyota V8's into 4Runners and Trucks

I looked for those links but couldn't find them.

Rebuilding is not that hard, just taking it apart and cleaning everything and putting the new orings in. And trigger if you need to.

Most guns have a parts diagram if you google them, here is one for a porter cable framer http://www.ereplacementparts.com/por...1719_2240.html

There are some good sites out there with parts and diagrams for most nailers. Here is another really good site for diagrams and parts of most construction tools http://www.toolpartsdirect.com/

I will post back after I get my kit. I think the most important thing is keeping everything clean during reassembly. (Like most things.)
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    My Garage Pics

OK, kit FINALLY arrived. I tore the nailer down and rebuilt it. Not bad. One of the new o-rings was not correct, but thankfully the original one was fine.

The o-ring on the piston was REALLY bad. It had multiple breaks in it. The other thing that I found is that the gun had a lot of sand in it. I am thinking it was from laying the hose down on the ground while working. (Disconnected from the gun.)

Well it is working 100% now.
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    My Garage Pics