Tank size for a 110v MIG

I added a 110v MIG to the stable a while back, but I've been so jammed up that it's just been gathering dust. I'm finally getting around to getting a tank for it, so I've got a question.

I currently have a MM210 with a 80 cf tank for the MIG mix (75/25) and one that is just as tall, but not as large of a diameter for Argon only for the AL spool gun that came with it. I also have a Syncrowave 180 TIG machine that for some unknown reason bought a 40 cf tank. Oddly, since I rarely use it, I've not gone through a whole bottle yet.

So back to the 110v. I'm making a cart for it and want it to be maneuverable, so I don't want too much weight, nor too top heavy.

My thought was to exhaust the Argon in the 40 cf, have it refilled with 75/25 for the 110v MIG and then get another 80 cf for the TIG (the plan is to start using this one more often so I'm not so rusty...)

Does this sound like the way to go?
    My vehicle sites: 1993 Toyota 4Runner & 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee

**NEW** - UZswap.com - a site dedictated to sharing tech about swapping Toyota V8's into 4Runners and Trucks

Re: Tank size for a 110v MIG

I would probably just get another 40 cf tank of 75/25. Reason being is that if I started running out of Argon faster, I'd go ahead and get the 80 cf of Argon and keep the 40 as a spare.
    Bruce

A craftsman is someone who does a better job than anyone thinks is necessary.

www.4x4mecca.com
    http://www.tbucketeers.com/

I think the difference between a 40 and a 60 was only $11. I went to the shop yesterday with every intention of coming back with a 40, but the close price made me want to rethink it.

The argon tank attached to my 210 is seldom used and is a decent size one, so I've got some options I guess...

**NEW** - UZswap.com - a site dedictated to sharing tech about swapping Toyota V8's into 4Runners and Trucks

I would try and match the tanks to how much I use each machine. Also how much of a hassle is it to get tanks refilled? For me it's just a couple minute drive and my airgas just exchanges the tank. You are going to have 2 bottles of argon and 2 bottles of 75/25 so you can always switch tanks if you run out in the middle of a project that needs to get done. I ran out late one night when I was trying to finish some thing and had to wait till the next day to get it filled, so having another tank you can switch is nice.

Looks like my guess at tank volumes was off. Is there a chart somewhere that relates dimensions to CF?

My on my MM210, the 75/25 tank is 7" +/- x 46"h (a 120 maybe?) and my Argon tank is 6" +/- x 42"h. The TIG one is pretty small.

Running out at night is not to bad, I've run out on Saturday and had to wait till Monday.
    Bruce

www.4x4mecca.com

Here's some charts I dug up:

OK, I think my big one is an "S" = 150cf. My Argon one is a "M" = 110cf. An 80 wouldn't be too big - I thought my biggie was an 80, so obviously my view was a bit skewed.

I got an 80 the other day for the 110v. I need to fix some rust on my Maxima so it will pass inspection and thought the 110v with a spool of .023 would be good for some quick patches. This car will slowly get brought back to its former glory...after the 4Runner gets the motor this fall/winter.

That will work great for body work.
    Bruce

www.4x4mecca.com