Cutting A Scuba Cylinder

Hey there. I am trying to cut a scuba tank in half but still keep about 5" of the bottom still in-tacked for a buddy of mine. He wants to use it to show his scuba classes. I took the tank thinking it would be a piece of cake. I was wrong. I got the cut at the bottom part of the cut fine. However, the cut that slices the tank in two from the top to the bottom cut seems to be impossible. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Re: Cutting A Scuba Cylinder

4 1/2" grinder with a 1/16" cut off wheel. Take it slow and let the wheel do the work.
    My vehicle sites: 1993 Toyota 4Runner & 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee

**NEW** - UZswap.com - a site dedictated to sharing tech about swapping Toyota V8's into 4Runners and Trucks

Cool. Thanks. I'll give it a try on monday.

Here's how it turned out.

Holy heck, those are thick. I had no idea. Did you ending up cutting with a grinder?
    My vehicle sites: 1993 Toyota 4Runner & 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee

**NEW** - UZswap.com - a site dedictated to sharing tech about swapping Toyota V8's into 4Runners and Trucks

Yea no kidding. The thinnest it got was 5/8" . Haha. Yea I used a grinder with a cut off wheel for most of it until I couldn't get though it all. Then finished up with a reciprocating saw and a jig saw. Then polished it up to look all nice. I was really surprised how think it was too, but it makes since it has to hold like 4000 PSI. Haha. Thanks for the help.