Thread: New toy.....

New toy.....

I sold my HH140 and upgraded to the new HH210 with spool gun......and I am one happy camper...all I can say is WOW Hobart got it right with this little guy.....the plate in the pics. is 3/8" and 1/2"...no bevel,or prep at all I just layed them down and had at it...solid wire 0.030 and C25.....
    Mike

Re: New toy.....

Sweet, new welders are always good.
    Bruce

A craftsman is someone who does a better job than anyone thinks is necessary.

www.4x4mecca.com
    http://www.tbucketeers.com/

Nice. That is the model I was looking at. Is the spool gun a worthy upgrade?
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    My Garage Pics

I have not used the SG yet, but I have talked with several guys that have this unit and a MM210 both could be set up for AL plugged up and ready to go and they would go for the Hobart first.......it is top notch on AL from what I have been told......it is however made in China (the SG).....I picked up the welder and SG for $1355 out the door @ northern tool......if you have to order it don't listen to the nimrods @ NT they told me 7-10 days then I called 1 week later to get a tracking # and was told Hobart had a 12-17 working day lead time on them....I called BS and gave Hobart a call NT placed the order on Wed my welder shipped Thursday morning (fresh out of QC) and was in my possession by Tuesday....check out the Hobart MB there are a few reviews on it as well as the other units they offer.... feel like a road trip?http://www.hobartwelders.com/weldtal...ad.php?t=28530
    Mike

I have been messing with the spool gun some and love it.....I got a box of al drops sent to me (thanks Scott) and have been having at it with some 4xxx wire and it has performed well...... it did take me a little bit to get the gas flow set right as I couldn't get it to spray,but once I tried it on a calm day with 25-30 cfm of argon I was an al spraying fool I have an al tool box that needs some work and have started on it.......I layed one solid bead 4ft. ish long on some 1/8" and I hit my duty cycle before the machine did (that shinny crap gets HOTT!!!!! ).....the contact tip was showing some signs of heat but no burn backs at all....I'll get pics up in the next few days......

Somehow it seems that standing back and seeing a nice weld bead on thin Aluminum just gives a sense of accomplishment that can't be duplicated when welding steel! That is a nice "New toy"!

Sweet!

Interested to see the pics!

Scott
    If it wasn't for the last minute I wouldn't get anything done