Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Anyone installed their own prefinished hardwood floors?

Wow Cebby looks great, Good to see you had 2 helpers were more than willing to help

looks nice

Looks great and I know about the back pain, just finished removing ceiling tile's that were stapled to the ceiling and filling in all the holes and then primer and finish coat. Wher you get 60, ever step on the ladder gets harder.

Great Job Cebby.

I did a ceramic tile floor a few years ago, made a huge difference in the room. I will be doing a wood floor this year in our new house. It has a concrete foundation so nailing is out...Any suggestions?

Do you want to do regular hardwood or engineered hardwood? IMO regular hardwood like I did would be next to impossible without nailing. There were so many boards (warped/bowed) that had to be persuaded with the nailer...

For over concrete, I'd recommend engineered hardwood. This stuff snaps together and you can put vapor barrier/cushion under it. I think it still carries a 15 year finish warranty also - like the stuff I put down.

I did snap together laminate floors on my 3rd floor where kids hang out. It was much easier to install than the hardwood - just dulls sawblades faster. It's been in for something like 6 or 7 years now and still looks great.
    My vehicle sites: 1993 Toyota 4Runner & 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee

**NEW** - UZswap.com - a site dedictated to sharing tech about swapping Toyota V8's into 4Runners and Trucks