Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Upgraded the forum software tonight...

This is the latest and greatest version of the vBulletin software.

As with any upgrade there are growing pains. Hopefully we won't be feeling much pain here and you might not even notice a difference.

Anyway - if you find something isn't working as it should, or you've lost a functionality you had previosuly, post up in this thread.
    My vehicle sites: 1993 Toyota 4Runner & 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee

**NEW** - UZswap.com - a site dedictated to sharing tech about swapping Toyota V8's into 4Runners and Trucks

Re: Upgraded the forum software tonight...

Not sure if you are working on the site now or not but the "Multi-Quote This Message" is not showing a button, only text and it does not work.
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    My Garage Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Cebby View Post
    This is the latest and greatest version of the vBulletin software.

As with any upgrade there are growing pains. Hopefully we won't be feeling much pain here and you might not even notice a difference.

Anyway - if you find something isn't working as it should, or you've lost a functionality you had previosuly, post up in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Not sure if you are working on the site now or not but the "Multi-Quote This Message" is not showing a button, only text and it does not work.
    Multiquote works, but I have to make a new button X the 9 color schemes (ya I know - seemed like good idea a the time to have all those different schemes... )

The way to use multiquote, is use the multi quote button (link currently) for as many posts as you want. On the last one you want to include (chronologically!), use the normal quote button. It will then include both the multiquotes and the quote. It took me a while to figure it out - that might not even be the right way, but that worked for me...

It is easier when there is a button present since the button changes color - like a toggle - on the items tagged with the multiquote.

**NEW** - UZswap.com - a site dedictated to sharing tech about swapping Toyota V8's into 4Runners and Trucks

Gotcha!

I do have to say however that YOU SUCK! Being you upgraded to the latest version, I decided my forum needed to be the latest. I went to do it today. Then I found out I needed a newer mySQL. So I went to upgrade the control panel and such (because it would not work with the newer mySQL.) Come to find out that the new control panel does not work on my version of Linux. So I bought a new damn server! LOL! Been working on it all day and will again tomorrow.
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    My Garage Pics

Damn! That's an expensive upgrade!! Mine was a bit cheaper (sometimes shared hosting is OK!)....

You know, I hold out for at least the x.x.1 version of a vB release, because there always is one shortly after any major release it seems. I only had to go from 3.5.4 to 3.6.1, so it wasn't too bad aside from having to recreate some templates due to having to revert them all for 3.6.x to work. I think it was only 6 of them here since I altered how I did the multiple styles.

But - I have 3 vB forums - and decided to redo them all last night. They all have CMPS which required upgrading and 2 of them have the vBa Links program that I needed to upgrade also. The gallery was the only thing unaffected. I think I redid about 22 templates last night. Ugh.

I recently went through much more pain going from 3.0.6 to 3.6.0 on a site I admin (don't own, just help out). That was ugly. 4 years of hacks and some weird things prior to me being an admin made it quite the challenge. It's back up though.

I have a bunch of phpBB forums on some of my other sites - mainly because it is sort of built into my hosting CP (for an old version anyway), then I upgrade and apply a few hacks. My fav is the Smartor Gallery. Works great for a free app. I feel like I'm chasing my tail upgrading forum software sometimes though...

I hear ya. Back in the VB 2.X days I hacked my BB like crazy. When 3.0 went "gold" I knew I was in trouble.

The nice part about the major changes is that it gives others a chance to write contributions. When I was in the 2.X days it just seemed like everything was already out there. When 3.0 came I got the opportunity to port over some of the older hacks and write a few of my own.

Now I just don't have the time for that. LOL!
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    My Garage Pics

Cebby I've noticed when I click on last post in a thread it goes directly to first post, it does this whether I'm logged in or not...

Is that from the home page, or the New Posts search results? I've noticed that the homepage (recent posts) takes me to the first post, but if I hit the new posts, it takes me to the last post. (I'm assuming you mean when you hit the under the Last Post column).

It's annoying - I'll see what I can do to get it fixed. Thanks for the feedback.

I just noticed it from the recent posts forum only.

** fixed **

Glenn - if you run into this problem - the fix is here: http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16774