Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Upgraded the forum software tonight...

One problem I've been having since the upgrade is that as soon as I close the window/frame/tab that I'm logged into the site with, I'm logged out. Even after logging in with the "Remember me" box checked.

This is with Firefox, which upgraded recently, however I believe it was happening before the upgrade of FF. Any suggestions, or any settings you wish me to check?

MM

Another forum I admin is having a similar problem. Hmmm.

I'm using Firefox and have not had this problem at all. It sounds like a cookie setting. The "remember me" setting won't do anything without cookies being enabled.

Check this for me:

Under Tools->Options, click the Privacy icon->then select the Cookies tab. The "Allow sites to set Cookies" should be checked. The "Keep Cookies" should be set to "Until they expire". I don't have anything else checked on mine.

Let me know if that helps at all...
    My vehicle sites: 1993 Toyota 4Runner & 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee

**NEW** - UZswap.com - a site dedictated to sharing tech about swapping Toyota V8's into 4Runners and Trucks

I am running FF with no similar problems.

Might be a good idea to clear local cookies and let them reset themself. (I mean local to MetalMangler)
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    My Garage Pics

Cebby, there is an issue attaching files. If you upload HUGE files the newattachment.php times out and gives a page not found. There is a couple of threads about this at vbulletin.com. I will see if I can find them quick.

The issue I was having was /tmp related, but I am not sure yours is.
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    My Garage Pics

Did it time out on you here? I had a page not found a short time ago - refreshed and then everything was fine. I'm guessing 3.6.2 isn't far behind 3.6.1...

I need to recheck the attachment sizes - I noticed the thumbs aren't showing up on attachments llike I had it set before either - another 3.6 default override of my previous settings...

**NEW** - UZswap.com - a site dedictated to sharing tech about swapping Toyota V8's into 4Runners and Trucks

Can I call it or what...

A bug has been discovered in vBulletin 3.6.1 that may cause data loss when the automatic thread redirect deletion system is used.

If you use this system, you should immediately download and install the patch that is now available from vBulletin.com to prevent any data loss.

vBulletin 3.6.2 will be released in the coming days and will contain a fix for this issue and a number of other bugs found in 3.6.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebby View Post
    Another forum I admin is having a similar problem. Hmmm.

I'm using Firefox and have not had this problem at all. It sounds like a cookie setting. The "remember me" setting won't do anything without cookies being enabled.

Check this for me:

Under Tools->Options, click the Privacy icon->then select the Cookies tab. The "Allow sites to set Cookies" should be checked. The "Keep Cookies" should be set to "Until they expire". I don't have anything else checked on mine.

Let me know if that helps at all...
    Yes and no... (My wife hates that response...

My settings were exactly what you described, and I didn't change anything to get that way, either. :-)

The interesting thing is that this AM I didn't need to log-in when my bookmark brought me in. Curiouser and Curioser...

Anyway... I'll keep an eye on it, and if necessary take Glenn's advice and clear the cookies to get a fresh start.

MM

Well, updated to 3.6.2 today and fixed the buttons. Hopefully this won't be a frequent occurrence.