Those that have been unable to post - read this...

I have gotten a few emails from folks who have not been able to post. Upon investigation of this I found that the registration process had not been completed. (This is not directed at you Ggg -- your problem is something else)

The normal process for registering on vBulletin forums:

1. You fill out a form online that includes a goofy image that you have to decipher and plug into the form.
    2. You click a link in the registration email sent to you to validate your email address.

From an admin perspective, both of the above are optional. I use them because it helps to cut down on the number of spammers who flood the site with crap.

It is a known issue with "hotmail" accounts in particular that their spam filter generally sends the registration email to the spam folder/trash. Depending on how aggressive your spam blocker is, these registration emails may never get to you (whether you use hotmail or not). The registration email link click is a requied element of the registration process - without it you won't be posting.

If you haven't already, you may need to "allow" emails from "@toolandfab.com" to assure you get registration email and other announcements. Also, if you subscribe to a thread and have email notification, these won't get to you if you have us blocked in your spam blocker

I went and manually validated about 10 users last night - it should be an automated process.
    Last edited by Cebby; 09-12-2006 at 10:27 AM.
    My vehicle sites: 1993 Toyota 4Runner & 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee

**NEW** - UZswap.com - a site dedictated to sharing tech about swapping Toyota V8's into 4Runners and Trucks