Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gas grill security

I'm picking up a nice gas grill tonight and want to be sure it stays put. It's really heavy and will be connected to the natural gas line, but I had something that was more of a deterrent in mind.

Anyone chaining/steel cabling their grill down? Any other methods I should think about?

I don't live in a bad area, but I don't want to give anyone a free pass either.
    Last edited by Cebby; 08-15-2006 at 04:26 PM.
    My vehicle sites: 1993 Toyota 4Runner & 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee

**NEW** - UZswap.com - a site dedictated to sharing tech about swapping Toyota V8's into 4Runners and Trucks

Re: Gas grill security

My grill sits on my front porch and no one has ever touched it.

You could get one of those screw in hurricane anchors. (Do they have those up there?) I am thinking of the kind that they tie down mobile homes with. Then just chain or cable it to that.
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    My Garage Pics

I'm going to have to see what I can find like that. I've never seen one up north here...

**NEW** - UZswap.com - a site dedictated to sharing tech about swapping Toyota V8's into 4Runners and Trucks

I guess never thought of that someone after a grill, stainless cable perhaps. Oh what time are the ribeyes ready and a cold one

Quote Originally Posted by zonk
    I guess never thought of that someone after a grill, stainless cable perhaps. Oh what time are the ribeyes ready and a cold one
    Nice big stainless one - that's why I'm a little leary. The Mrs. has a catering job where she's grilling whole tenderloins and vegetables for 75 people. Sort of prompted me to get off my butt and do something.

Anytime after Saturday is fair game for a cookout!

OK, my brother has left his at the fairgrounds, and no one took it....

I built in for him in a weekend.
    Jeff

Scrap metal made....while you wait!

The difference between a difficult problem and an easy problem, is having the answer!

Thats 3 turkeys and 2 whole racks of ribs on there boys!
    Jeff

The difference between a difficult problem and an easy problem, is having the answer!

Now THAT's a cool looking grill. Now Cebby is going to have to top that!

Scott
    If it wasn't for the last minute I wouldn't get anything done

Notice that in NY, we even get out the gas grill in the middle of a snowstorm.....Pic was in February at the NYS fairgrounds. My brother works there. Well known for his grille. The Fair asked him to put his gas grille in the St Patricks day parade in Syracuse. HE put it in, without even washing the grease off it! (Yeeck) He has ONE rule. No burgers or dogs. He does "Beer butt" chicken, Turkey, shrimp, scallops, ribs, prime rib, Salmon, WILD turkey, Goose, venison, CAKE, PIES, you name it. Anything but burgers and dogs. Don't even ask.

He's a Monster Garage fanatic. If you look close, its an ambulance gurney to move it on.. He can load it in his pickup by himself. The box is 48x24x24 16 ga. CRS with a73 Camaro back panel. The "fenders" are 20ga. crs made on my English Wheel. hey fold down to store spices and utensils.
    Jeff

I'm not even posting a pic of the pathetic (by comparison) thing I picked up yesterday...