Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Gas grill security

Wait till you see the next grille I build!! The one for ME!! It'll make my brothers look like a POS. How's a Stainless Steel 32 Ford rear end grab ya?? Including Fenders and "wheels".

His grille looked better with the bumper, but it had to go back on the car last year when I finished his Camaro. He just painted the grille to match the car. (Red w/ white Motion stripe)
    Jeff

Scrap metal made....while you wait!

The difference between a difficult problem and an easy problem, is having the answer!

This is the one I want to hold onto. It got a workout recently when my wife grilled for a 55 person rehearsal dinner...

More pics in our gallery here.
    My vehicle sites: 1993 Toyota 4Runner & 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee

**NEW** - UZswap.com - a site dedictated to sharing tech about swapping Toyota V8's into 4Runners and Trucks

Hey Cebby, does the bottom of that thing have anyway to just lag it into the concrete. It would not be locked down that way, but it will deter the theft of it.
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    My Garage Pics

It's got a full bottom behind the doors, but I'm not opposed to drilling a hole or two if needed.

I didn't really look underneath this thing, but I'd imagine there's some substantial framework under it. It weighs about 300 lbs.

Looks like I might have an excuse to fab something up out of stainless....

**NEW** - UZswap.com - a site dedictated to sharing tech about swapping Toyota V8's into 4Runners and Trucks

Thats a Beauty!!!!!!
    Jeff

Scrap metal made....while you wait!

The difference between a difficult problem and an easy problem, is having the answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Driven2xs
    Thats a Beauty!!!!!!
    Thanks!! We grill constantly (year round) and have been replacing the guts of our gas grills every year it seems at $90-100 a pop. We should get more mileage out of this one - all stainless iinside and out, cast brass burners and the best part - natural gas - no more bottles running out 1/2 way through cooking.

I have one I built last year mounted just off the back porch. Nowhere near as nice as yours but it works. To keep mine from walking, I concreted a post in the ground and welded the grill to it. 2x36" black iron pipe for burners, 3/16 rod for grills, I think the tank was about 40-50 gal. I was also tired of spending $50-60 a year on rebuilding the walmart specials. This one works pretty good, I can put a ham on saturday night set the temp to about 200 and just roll it over about every 3 hours. 18lb ham takes about 12 hours. I even added a fish cooker on the side. Would have posted some pics but I won't be home for about 2 more months.
    If you are not going to do it right...Why bother???

My retreat from work!

http://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gall...&albumid=20987

I've been meaning to post up. I'll snap a pic tomorrow. I ended up running some nice thick chain through the base and around a 4 x 6 post for my pergola.