The Gallery is open for business!!!

Feel free to upload some images! There is a link in the "Navbar" above (between Calendar and Bookstore). I set up categories for placing your folders in - this will help in searching later - especially as the gallery grows.

Image sizes:

Max size set to 1024 x 768. But, I generally use 800 x 600 since that size is a good size to use inline in a post. 640 x 480 is also good for forum use.

If you are running Windows XP, there is a terrific free image resizer available from Microsoft. Go to Microsoft's Power Toys page and look for the "Image Resizer" download on the right side of the screen. This adds a selection to the right click menu when selecting images in the file manager. You can resize one or many at once. I've used this for at least a year plus - it is a huge time saver!
    File types:

Acceptable formats include .jpg, .jpeg, .png, and .gif
    Storage limits and Remote Linking:

The current storage limit for registered members is 50 Mb. (Contributing members get 200 Mb space, and Sponsoring Members get "unlimited" space - see your User CP under Paid Subscriptions) However, this is NOT a free image hosting service - the intended use of this feature is for hosting pictures pertinent to this website. There are also personal albums where we will allow pretty much anything (let's keep it clean!).

Remote linking is NOT disabled currently - this means you can use the [IMG] command to post photos inline with your posts. Our intention is for the remote linking to primarily be used within TOOLandFAB.com. If you want to share your posts/images with people outside of the TOOLandFAB membership, please use a [URL] link to the pertinent post, thread or image gallery. Abuse of remote linking (linking to images here from other web sites - also known as bandwidth leeching) will result in the remote linking being disabled.

Keep in mind also, that you still have the ability to "attach" images to your posts. We have configured the forum to allow good sized images attached and the images are displayed full size instead of thumbnailimages.

Future enhancements:

We will be improving the photo gallery main page - there is a vBulletin hack for this for older versions, but we have the latest version - the hacks are not completed and/or out of Beta mode yet. The current level of integration with the gallery software is actually quite good compared to older versions.

The ability exists to accept multimedia files also (mpegs, avi, mov files). Unless there is a compelling reason, we will NOT activate this feature as it will really draw on our bandwidth.
    Last edited by Cebby; 05-09-2006 at 11:00 AM.
    My vehicle sites: 1993 Toyota 4Runner & 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee

**NEW** - UZswap.com - a site dedictated to sharing tech about swapping Toyota V8's into 4Runners and Trucks

Re: The Gallery is open for business!!!

Sweet, You got this place coming right along.

PROPS!
    Mi ma sez ifin I kuld uze mi nife i donts need no mor lernin

I wanted to throw out some props to Zonk for posting up his ride. Great pics!!!

We need to see some more though! I'm really interested in seeing some pics of Camarogenius's TremorSUV project.

**NEW** - UZswap.com - a site dedictated to sharing tech about swapping Toyota V8's into 4Runners and Trucks

BTT - the gallery isn't getting much play.....

Those without photohosting capabilities (or those wanting an easier way) - this is a great way to get your images up on the web. 50 MB of space for free...

When things calm down for me, I plan to upload a bunch of project pics - I just haven't had the time recently. I need a good home for my pics and this seems like the best place for them.

Thanks for the site, Cebby!

Scott
    If it wasn't for the last minute I wouldn't get anything done

FYI - You used to have to be registered on our forum to be able to VIEW the images previously. I've changed this so that if you link folks to your album here, they do NOT have to register to see the images...

Awesome! I hate when I am researching something and the link is to a forum for something unrelated, yet I can't see the images without registering.
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    My Garage Pics

Cebby-
    I "Lost" a few pics. And some got tossed into other albums, SOMEHOW...
    Jeff

Scrap metal made....while you wait!

The difference between a difficult problem and an easy problem, is having the answer!

You are able to edit and delete I'm pretty sure. If you need help with moving some, just let me know. Not sure I can help on the "lost" ones...