Roll around clamp rack

Just because the darned things take up so much room. I could have used a wall, but than the clamps wouldn't have been near enough to my bowling alley woodworking bench.

MX, I thought about painting them all blue after the bondo and sandable primer...just no follow through. Maybe in my next life I'll be half as ambitious as you.

Re: Roll around clamp rack

You have many clamps. I like that cart, mine are wall huggers currently...

Cebby,
    Bought them a bit at a time over the years. Mother-in-law kicked in every Christmas and birthday while she was alive. I'm a firm believer that no man can have too many clamps at his disposal.

How do you like those wood twin screws? I don't have any of those...

Cebby,
    They work for those times no other clamp will get in to the required area because of their long reach. Don't use them alot of the time, but when they are needed they work very well. The larger ones are Craftsman that I bought when Sears had a blowout sale on them 15-20 years back. The smaller sizes are all Harbor Freight and seem to be just as sturdy...lot cheaper even if not on sale.

The four cast aluminum clamps work well for when I do face frames and need an extra hand while using the brad nailer on the joints.

I have a set of a smaller version of those aluminum corner clamps. The small ones are just "OK", but I'll bet the big ones work better. I see you also have those straight edge clamps. Those are one of my favorite clampy things.

The straight edge clamp was purchased so I wouldn't have to lug 3/4" Birch ply full sheet off and on my table saw when I was doing our kitchen remodel. I had to build the cabinets because I'm cheap and the wife is a tall gal...she wanted 3" higher than stock bases and 2" deeper than stock upper cabinets. With the straight edge clamp I could rough dimension the 3/4" ply down to managable size for the Unisaw. One of these days I need to build a tilting table onto the left side of the Unisaw for lifting sheet goods.

As for the aluminum clamps. I'll run down to the shop soon and get you a photo of them. They aren't the type you are envisioning. There is a cam clamping mechanism on one leg to hold the wood in the opposite plane as the member being clamped.

Edit: The aluminum clamps are from Leichtung owned by Woodworkers' Supply. Through the miracle of the Internet I was able to pull up a photo of the clamp:
    Last edited by Wyoming; 01-14-2006 at 02:02 AM.