Craftsman Toolboxes on SALE!!

Seems to be some smokin' deals in there!

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/searc...cegjdghldgfm.0

Re: Craftsman Toolboxes on SALE!!

Wish I had looked here a couple weeks ago. I went and spent over 700 for another tall tool box,could have saved a couple of hundred.

Craftsman prices, even sales prices are not written in stone. The larger than small town catalog stores have a commission system for the salesmen in the tool department. When I purchased the larger chest and rollaway, 40" wide, I was able to get the salesman to knock off about $200 on the three piece set.

Dang! I have alot of tools by most standards, however I do not believe I could fill all of those drawers! But then again I tend to load my chest/cabs till the drawers are difficult to open and all but sagging! Maybe I could fill all that space.

Uncle Buck (UB)

nice posting

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck (UB)
    Dang! I have alot of tools by most standards, however I do not believe I could fill all of those drawers! But then again I tend to load my chest/cabs till the drawers are difficult to open and all but sagging! Maybe I could fill all that space.
    The right chest and roll-away are for mill tooling. Not in the same league as MX, but hoping to one day be in contention.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming
    The right chest and roll-away are for mill tooling. Not in the same league as MX, but hoping to one day be in contention.
    You may have overloaded the drawers there.

I used to have the same Craftsman drawers (with what looks like a non-ball bearing slide) and they aren't rated for what I would guess is over a hundred pounds of mills and such.

Also, do you find that the tools are getting dull from hitting each other as the drawers are opened and closed? Just my opinion ("everyone is entitled to my opinion") but I think it would be better to store the tools in a manner that minimizes them jostling against each other. Here is a pic of what I mean:

Looks neater too! But that's just my opinion...

-Will

Quote Originally Posted by BoostAddiction
    You may have overloaded the drawers there.

I used to have the same Craftsman drawers (with what looks like a non-ball bearing slide) and they aren't rated for what I would guess is over a hundred pounds of mills and such.

Also, do you find that the tools are getting dull from hitting each other as the drawers are opened and closed? Just my opinion ("everyone is entitled to my opinion") but I think it would be better to store the tools in a manner that minimizes them jostling against each other. Here is a pic of what I mean:

Looks neater too! But that's just my opinion...

-Will
    Will,
    I agree that it would be a better solution to have the tooling seperated, but that is down the road. I open the drawers with as much care and attention as I can without jostling the contents too much. I also "try" to alternate cutting edges so they are not in contact, but I can't always get that done.

The slides are ball bearing on this cabinet. The only non-ball bearing cabinet is the one on the left of the first shot. I keep files, auto equipment and router bits in that one.
    Last edited by Wyoming; 02-21-2006 at 06:43 PM.